Tuesday 26 March 2013

Obscuritones poster



A poster for a female fronted rockabilly band, inspired partly by my love of vinyl, and partly by this picture of one of my guitar heroines, queen of trash rock n roll, Poison Ivy Rorschach:


Although the Ivy looks way more badass than my girl, I like to think my girl's sweet on the surface and savage underneath. For the background texture, I used the endpaper from my copy of 'Kon Tiki and I' by Erik Hesselburg, a sketchbook from the Kon Tiki expedition. I layered this up with print-textured colourblocks, and used negative space type to ring the changes. The colours used in the central illustration are complemented by the black line drawing detail in the heart.

3 comments:

  1. Hi
    can i ask something?
    what font is used for "the Lava lounge" (logo)

    Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, thanks for your question. The logo was hand drawn by me, rather than done in a stock font.

    ReplyDelete