Friday 18 March 2011

Blast Off! Festival website

In 2009 I was one of the organisers of Blastoff! Festival, so it was only logical that I did the artwork too. The festival was a 3 day blast of garage and rock n roll, with some amazing bands such like The Oblivians and The Gories. For the early promo I used the eye-melting combination of orange and blue from the 'Soul Food' album, and drew up some retro-futuristic intergalactic graphics.
I also created the artwork for the website, this time with more blue than orange so you could actually read the thing. Working from sketches and hand-lettering the headings, I transformed them into vectors for a slightly slicker appearance (after all, digital technology is the future today!).

The finished pages looked like this:
And for each page I created spot illustrations to break up the text and add a bit of interest.
Which were turned into animated gifs for the website.







No comments:

Post a Comment