Wednesday 23 March 2011

Outlandish Cocktails part 2

The second part of my set of cocktail illustrations. After the Zombie, Hurricane and Scorpion Bowl, I thought I'd pay tribute to the boozy delights of the Blue Hawaiian, Dirty martini, Suffering Bastard and Headhunter. Most of these weird and wonderful concoctions were at the height of their popularity between the 40's and 60's, which suits my style perfectly. Keeping a different, defined colour scheme for each one, and arranging the elements around a central vessel keeps the set unified. This set of prints was turned into a hardbound, boxed recipe book, complete with 3D diorama under a clear window at the bottom of the box. Unfortunately, this one-off sold at the Leicester City Gallery open exhibition and I didn't even take a photo of it. If you bought it, get in touch, I want pictures!  

Some details of the 'Blue Hawaiian' pen and ink drawing





Some details of the 'Headhunter' pen and ink drawing






Some details of the 'Dirty Martini' garbage pile.





A detail of that hangover.

Prints of all my outlandish cocktail recipes are available now! Get in touch if you want one!

No comments:

Post a Comment